Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the KBSI/WDKA viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair, Properties, LLC, and any other company that owns programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KBSI and WDKA (collectively, the “Stations”), WDKA Acquisition Corp., Beggs Family Farm, and Show Me Fear (collectively, the “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Qualified entrants may enter once.
(b) To enter, text “BEGGS” to the short code 43817. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 43817 to cancel. Text HELP to 43817 for help. Entrants will receive up to 5 messages relating to this contest. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on Wednesday October 8, 2012 and ends at 12:30 a.m. CDT on October 24, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by 12:30 a.m. CDT on each Wednesday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each Wednesday during the Contest Period beginning October 10, 2012, two (2) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of six (6) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(e) All entries received that are duplicate, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Six (6) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one (1) of the following prizes as determined by the Station at the time of the drawing: Five (5) tickets to the 2012 Beggs Famiy Farm, OR Two (2) tickets to 2012 Show Me Fear, 2319 St. Highway U Sikeston, MO 63801 valid on October 12-13, 19-20, 26-27, 2012. The estimated value of each prize is $50. The Station and Sponsor are not responsible in the event a performance is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 3 days of notification, at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification and text code to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 365 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7 Sinclair, Properties, LLC, WDKA Acquisition Corp., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Properties, LLC, WDKA Acquisition Corp., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Properties, LLC, WDKA Acquisition Corp., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct text messages received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 806 Enterprise, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703 and on the Station’s website at www.kbsi23.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 806 Enterprise, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703 by November 1, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Properties, LLC, WDKA Acquisition Corp., Beggs Family Farm, and Show Me Fear accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.