5 cost friendly ways to stay cool during summer
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (KBSI) – As the temperature rises, many of us are looking for fun things to do around the area.
Here are five cost friendly ways to stay cool during summer.
- Water parks including Cape Girardeau’s Splash Aquatic Center and Carbondale’s Super Splash Park will both open on May 28.
- Local ice creams shops will also be opening and ready to offer some refreshing treats to keep everyone cool.
- The Cape Girardeau Public Library will be hosting several events including a summer reading plan for both children and adults and the library’s 100-year anniversary on June 15.
- Tunes at Twilight is a free event with musical guests from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Friday.
- National Parks are a great place to take the family. Cape Girardeau’s Trail of Tears is a local park that includes a beach for all people and a fun hiking experience.