Senior Multimedia Journalist
FOX23 (KBSI) & MY49 (WDKA) is looking for a Senior Multimedia Journalist to help us win the news of the day. We’re looking for our “go to” person, who has urgency with breaking news, a strong on-air presence, and is a strong shooter/editor. The Senior MMJ will create strong relationships in the local community.
The Senior MMJ will be a leader for the MMJ staff, setting the highest standard for outstanding reporting, as well as coaching the MMJ staff on news gathering, storytelling, writing, shooting, and editing. This position is ideal for an MMJ who is ready to take a step toward management.
The Senior MMJ will be an accurate, strong storyteller with a team attitude, who will produce content on-air, on our website, and on social media. Applicants must be willing to work various shifts and appreciate the fact that this is a fast-paced environment where news can break at any time.
- Shoot, write, and edit packages and vo/sots
- Pitch stories that have a right now impact
- Write and publish content for our digital platforms
- Create contacts and relationships in the community
- Coach the MMJ staff on news gathering, storytelling, writing, shooting, and editing.
- Dig deeper into stories
- Produce special reports as needed
- Create web-extra content
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A curious, innovative spirit
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Thrive under deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for teaching and coaching
- Desire to take a step toward management
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Willingness to work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting, and innovative multi-screen marketing services.
This position is based in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, the 84th DMA. For more than ten years, Forbes has called Cape Girardeau one of the Best Small Places for Business & Careers, with a Cost of Living 12% below the national average and a great Housing Affordability Index. Cape Girardeau County is known for its beautiful homes, parks, and churches, as well as its outstanding health and educational systems. Cape has the perfect balance of rural and urban living; with everything you need and enough space to spread out. It serves as a hub for the surrounding communities with an excellent selection of restaurants, stores, competitive sports, general entertainment, and more. Also, Jackson Missouri, a suburb of Cape, was ranked the 59th best small town to live in in the US (Money Magazine), as well as the 10th best place to live in Missouri (Missouri Magazine). Cape Girardeau is the perfect area to raise a family and build a career.
Please send resume and cover letter, along with examples (links and/or reel) of your work to: email@example.com. Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response. No phone calls please.
Standard Media Group-SMG is an equal opportunity employer.
FOX23 (KBSI) & MY49 (WDKA)
806 Enterprise Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703