Things to do to prepare for back to school
Get your kids ready for another school year with these simple steps.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (KBSI) – It’s back to school time which means it’s time to get prepared to hit the books.
Here are a few things to do to prepare to get your kids and yourself ready for another school year.
- Start a morning schedule
- Set out clothes the night before
- Go to bed early and stick to a bedtime routine
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Make a healthy lunch
- Follow a lunch schedule
- Set up a place to study after school
- Make dedicated TV-free time
- Stock up on school supplies
- Create a central calendar. This calendar meshes all family calendars and schedules into one so you can take one glance and see what is going on for the week.
- Gather paperwork. This includes medical exams, immunization records, birth certificates, registration confirmations, etc.
- Do a practice run. Before the first day of school know how long it will take to get to school. Account for morning traffic. Bus riders need to be familiar with the location of the bus stop.