23 additional COVID-19 cases in Hamilton Co., IL
MCLEANSBORO, Ill. (KBSI) – The Hamilton County Health Department was notified of 23 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in the county.
As of Sept. 8, 2021:
- 1 male infant
- 2 male children
- 5 female teens
- 3 females in their 20’s
- 1 male in his 20’s
- 4 females in their 40’s
- 2 males in their 40’s
- 1 female in her 50’s
- 2 males in their 60’s
- 1 female in her 70’s
There have been 1171 lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton County.
- 20 people with positive lab-confirmed cases passed away
- 1080 people recovered
- 70 people are currently isolating at home
- 1 person is currently hospitalized
The Hamilton County Health Department continues to investigate each case ensuring the isolation of the positive patient. Close contacts who have had exposure to the positive patient are placed on quarantine for a minimum of 10 days to allow symptoms to develop and pass without posing a risk to others.
The health department asks if you are contacted by public health officials to respond promptly.
Close contact individuals may include:
- living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
- caring for a sick person with COVID-19
- being within six feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes or
- being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.)
If someone has been tested for COVID-19, it is advised he/she self-quarantine until the test result is received. If the test result is positive, that person will be contacted by the Hamilton County Health Department.
The Illinois Department of Public Health has established a 24-hour COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-889-3931.