3 displaced by fire early Friday in Cape Girardeau

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (KBSI) – A house fire brought emergency personnel into freezing temperatures early Friday morning in Cape Girardeau.

It happened around 6 a.m. on the 100 block of S. Benton Street where upon arrival the fire department found heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the home.

According to the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, everyone got out of the home and the fire was extinguished quickly. There was moderate damage to the second floor living area and no injuries were reported.

Three people were displaced by the fire.

According to Cape Girardeau fire officials, they believe the fire’s cause was electrical and started in the attic.

Categories: News