5 arrested, 2 wanted after drug investigation in McCracken County
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, Ky. (KBSI) – Five people were arrested and two are wanted after a drug and theft investigation in McCracken County.
The McCracken County Sheriff’s Office has arrested five people on drug and theft charges and is seeking the public’s assistance in locating two additional men following an investigation that began on Sunday in McCracken County.
- Matthew J. Rogers, 36, of Shallow Creek Drive in McCracken County faces charges of theft by unlawful taking over $10,000.
- Angela L. Carroll, 29, of Gayle Lane in McCracken County faces charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Miranda Guzman, 35, of South Friendship Road in McCracken County faces charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- James Walker, 29, of Sedalia, Ky. faces charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Stevie Jones, 31, of West Paducah faces charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Steven Schmidt, 37, of Metropolis, Ill. faces a charge of theft by unlawful taking over $10,000. (wanted)
- Charles Capps, 30, of Lov. Flo. Road East in McCracken County faces charges of theft by unlawful taking over $10,000. (wanted)
Deputies responded to a complaint of a stolen camper on McNeil Alsip Road in McCracken County on Aug. 6.
A preliminary investigation revealed that someone stole a Keystone camper from a home. Deputies and detectives found video surveillance footage on a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck hauling the stolen camper away. The surveillance footage was forwarded to other deputies to see if they recognized the vehicle.
McCracken County Deputy Gary Colyar immediately recognized the vehicle and the camper, according to the sheriff’s office. While on routine patrol, Deputy Colyar saw the truck and camper pulling into a home on Blandville Road on Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Colyar returned to the area on Aug. 7 and saw the stolen camper in the backyard of the home, according to the sheriff’s office.
Detectives responded to 7620 Blandville Road and began preparing a search warrant for the home.
Detectives identified 26-year-old Matthew Rogers as a potential suspect. Rogers was found across the street from the home and arrested on an unrelated shoplifting arrest warrant.
Detectives secured the home and obtained a search warrant. During a search of the home and property, detectives found crystal methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia, according to the sheriff’s office.
Angela Carrol, who was inside the home, was arrested in connection with the illegal drugs. Detectives also recovered the stolen camper from the home.
As part of the investigation, detectives obtained an additional search warrant for a home located at 407 South Friendship Road. Detectives executed the search warrant on Aug. 9 and found the truck that was used to steal the camper. Detectives also found a small amount of crystal methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia at the home, according to the sheriff’s office.
Miranda Guzman, James Walker and Stevie Jones were arrested and face charges of illegal drugs.
Matthew Rogers, Charles Capps, and Steven Schmidt are accused of acting together to steal the camper.
Rogers was arrested on Aug. 7.
Detectives have since obtained arrest warrants for Capps and Schmidt.
Capps and Schmidt were both wanted as of Aug. 9. Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Capps or Schmidt is asked to call the McCracken County Sheriff’s Office at 270-444-4719.
The investigation continues.