Cape Girardeau city, county law enforcement perform directed patrol to seize guns, drugs
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (KBSI) – A directed patrol happened Wednesday night in Cape Girardeau.
Cape Girardeau Police Department and Cape Girardeau County Sheriff’s Department participated in the patrol.
Public Information Officer Bobby Newton with the Cape Girardeau Police Department says the patrol is to combat the crime in neighborhoods, respond to gun violence that’s been happening and make police presence known.
“Normally we have eight officers on the road, tonight (Wednesday) we have about 14 or 15 officers on the road,” said Officer Newton. “Usually, we’re able to seize several guns off the streets, drugs and wanted individuals.”
On April 3, 2023 officers with the Cape Girardeau Police Department along with the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff’s Department conducted a directed patrol in the city of Cape Girardeau.
The purpose of the directed patrol was to saturate the city with extra officers in order to combat recent reports of shots fired calls and other violent crimes occurring within the city. Officers also tried to arrest and clear several active wanted people.
The following people were arrested.
- Alfred Jackson, 35, of Cape Girardeau for two misdemeanor warrants
- Desiree Moniz, 25, of Loveland, Co. for two felony warrants
- Dakota Tofi, 35, of Cape Girardeau for a misdemeanor warrant
- Morgan Proffer, 22, of Cape Girardeau for misdemeanor warrant
- John Maglone, 41, of Cape Girardeau accused of Class D felony possession of controlled substance $15,000 C/S bond