Caruthersville man faces 363 charges following two shootings
FOX23 News at 9 p.m
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo., (KBSI) — A Caruthersville man faces 363 criminal charges stemming from two shootings involving law enforcement earlier this summer.
Pemiscot County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Ryan Dicus announced Friday that 42-year-old Zachary R. Walker, also known as “White Boy Chuck,” faces 116 counts of first-degree assault, 116 counts of armed criminal action, 124 counts of unlawful use of a weapon and four counts of unlawful possession of a weapon.
Walker also faces one count each of stealing, first-degree property damage and leaving the scene of an accident. Prosecutors said the felony counts were enhanced because Walker is alleged to be a persistent felony offender.
According to prosecutors, the Office of State Courts Administration said it is the most counts filed against a single defendant on record.
The charges stem from shootings on May 17 and June 11 in Caruthersville.
According to probable-cause affidavits, officers were clearing a large gathering near Walker Avenue and East 12th Street on May 17 when Walker allegedly backed into another vehicle and attempted to leave.
Prosecutors allege Walker began firing toward Caruthersville police officers when they approached him. A civilian woman was injured during the exchange of gunfire, and bullets struck police vehicles, two homes and other vehicles.
Walker allegedly fled on foot, and a no-bond warrant was issued for his arrest.
On June 11, law enforcement received information that Walker was inside a home on West 11th Street. Prosecutors allege Walker began shooting at officers as they established a perimeter around the home.
According to the probable-cause affidavit, Walker allegedly fired hundreds of rounds over several hours. A projectile entered a nearby home and struck two children, ages 6 and 10.
The incident ended when members of the Missouri State Highway Patrol SWAT team entered the home and arrested Walker. Prosecutors allege multiple firearms were found in Walker’s possession, including one that had been reported stolen.
“These charges reflect the seriousness and scope of the conduct alleged in these two incidents,” Dicus said.
The investigation involved multiple local and state law enforcement agencies.
Walker is presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court.