De Soto suspect facing murder charge following juvenile’s death
FOX23 News at 9 p.m
DE SOTO, Mo., (KBSI) — A De Soto man previously charged with attempted murder in a domestic disturbance case is now facing murder charges following the death of a juvenile victim, according to updated court records.
One of the original attempted murder charges against Marcus L. Moultrie, 36, was amended to murder Monday. Additional amended charges were also filed.
The charges stem from a domestic disturbance reported around 11:07 p.m. Wednesday in De Soto.
Authorities said Moultrie’s ex-girlfriend and her juvenile son suffered serious injuries during the incident and were hospitalized.
Investigators said the juvenile victim later died from injuries sustained in the attack over the weekend.
Moultrie remains jailed in Jackson County pending further court proceedings.
The investigation remains ongoing.