Kennett police mourn the loss of one of their own
KENNETT, Mo. (KBSI) – Police in Kennett, Missouri are mourning the loss of one of their own.
Lieutenant Craig Moody died Wednesday night at Pemiscot Memorial Hospital in Hayti.
On the department’s Facebook page, law enforcement asks the public to be in prayer for his family, brothers and sisters with the Police and Fire Department and many friends during this difficult time.
Lieutenant Craig Moody started with the City of Kennett Fire Department in 1992 as a art-time firefighter eventually becoming a patrolman with the Kennett Police Department in 1999.
Services are scheduled for Monday at the McDaniel Funeral Home in Kennett. Visitation begins at 11 a.m.
For anyone interested in watching the funeral processional…
Lt. Moody’s body will be escorted from McDaniel’s Funeral Home. This is the route that will be taken.
- From McDaniel’s Funeral home the procession will go on the South Bypass to the Walmart intersection (First Street).
- On First Street the procession will travel West (left) to Floyd Street, turn North onto Floyd then West (left) onto Whitney Street.
- While on Whitney Street the procession will continue/cross over to Cedar Street, which will pass the Kennett Police Department.
- After passing the Police Department, the procession will turn South (left) into the “City Square” then continue West (right) onto St. Francis Street.
- The procession will continue on St. Francis to the North Bypass then turn (right) onto the North Bypass.
- After continuing onto the North Bypass, the procession will continue to College Street and turn South (right) Onto College Street and continue to Oak Ridge Cemetery, Lt. Moody’s final resting place.