Registration open for McCracken County Sheriff’s Office Citizen’s Academy
PADUCAH, Ky. (KBSI) – Registration is now open for the McCracken County Sheriff’s Office fall Citizen’s Academy.
Topics will include patrol operations, courthouse operations and criminal investigations just to name a few.
There will also be tours of the department, 911 Center and the jail.
Classes are open to anyone who is interested in learning how the sheriff’s office works to protect the community.
Academy topics may include:
- patrol operations
- courthouse operations
- criminal investigations
- overview of the legal process
- constitutional duties of the sheriff
- tour of the department, 911 center and the jail
- specialized units: K-9, SWAT, Accident Reconstruction, Drone Operations
- ride along
- firearms day (voluntary)
- interactive firearms and virtual reality
Classes will be held on October 12, 19, 26, and November 2 from 6-9 p.m. each night.
The classes are free. Those interested have until September 18 to register.
Visit mccrackencountysheriff.com/citizensacademy.php to print an application.