Steam locomotive to stop for display in southeast MO, southern IL
Big Boy No. 4014 will stop in Poplar Bluff, Scott City, Mo. & Chester, Ill.
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. (KBSI) – A steam locomotive will stop in southeast Missouri and southern Illinois as part of its tour through 10 states.
Big Boy No. 4014 departed Cheyenne, Wyoming on Aug. 5, traveling through Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. Parking at overnight stops and display locations is limited. Please utilize available parking facilities surrounding these locations.
- Friday, Aug. 27
4:30 p.m. – arrive in Poplar Bluff at 995 S. Broadway
- Saturday, Aug. 28
- 8 a.m. – leave Poplar Bluff
- 11:15 a.m. – arrive in Scott City at Oak Street Crossing
- 11:45 a.m. – depart Scott City
- 2:15 p.m. – arrive in Chester, Ill. at Rock Bridge Road & Water Street
- 2:50 p.m. – depart Chester for St. Louis
Remember, if you come to see the train…
- Stand back at least 25 feet from all railroad tracks.
- Railroad tracks, trestles, yards and right of way are private property – please do not trespass.
- Never assume tracks are abandoned or inactive – ALWAYS expect a train.
Along its route, the Big Boy will be on display in the following cities during the tour:
Saturday, Aug. 14: Fort Worth, Texas
Tuesday, Aug. 17: Houston, Texas
Saturday, Aug. 21: New Orleans, Louisiana
Sunday, Aug. 29: St. Louis, Missouri
Monday, Sept. 6: Denver, Colorado
Following the Denver stop on Labor Day weekend, the Big Boy and its crew will return to Cheyenne, Wyoming.