1 additional positive COVID-19 case in Hamilton Co.
MCLEANSBORO, Ill. (KBSI) – The Hamilton County Health Department reports one additional positive case of COVID-19.
The health department reported a male child test positive for COVID-19.
COVID-19 numbers to date in Hamilton County
- 1283 lab-confirmed positive cases
- 22 people who were positive lab-confirmed cases passed away
- 14 people currently isolating at home
- 1 person currently hospitalized
The Hamilton County Health Department investigates each case to ensure isolation of the positive patient. Close contacts who have had exposure to the positive patient are placed on quarantine for a minimum of 10 days. This allows symptoms to develop and pass without posing a risk to others.
Close contact individuals may include:
- living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
- caring for a sick person with COVID-19
- being within six feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes or
- being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.)
If someone has been tested for COVID-19, it is advised he/she self-quarantine until the test result is received. If the test result is positive, that person will be contacted by the Hamilton County Health Department.
The Illinois Department of Public Health has established a 24-hour COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-889-3931.