Early voting opportunities available in Illinois
CARBONDALE, Ill. (KBSI) – Voters in Illinois can submit their vote early before the Nov. 8 election.
Early voting at the County Clerk’s Office on weekdays started September 29. It is available each day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, excluding holidays.
The Jackson County Clerk’s Office will also be open on Saturday, November 5 from 8 a.m. to noon for early voting.
Early voting for all polling locations will also be available at the following dates and times:
Carbondale Civic Center
- Monday, October 24 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 26 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, October 28 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, October 31 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 1 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
SIU Student Center
- Tuesday, October 25 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, October 27 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 2 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, November 3 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, November 4 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What is early voting? Early voting in Illinois is available for all elections. Any registered Jackson County voter may cast their vote before Election Day at the office of the County Clerk or any offered off-site locations. No excuse or reason is required to early vote.
Election information, requirements, and forms are available by calling the Jackson County Clerk’s Office at 618-687-7360 or online at jacksoncounty-il.gov.