Garage, side-by-side damaged by fire in Gordonville
GORDONVILLE, Mo. (KBSI) – A garage was damaged by fire in Gordonville on July 3.
The Gordonville Fire Department was dispatched to the 3000 block of State Highway PP for a report of a side-by-side on fire next to a home around 10:30 p.m.
While units were responding, they were advised that the garage of the house was also on fire.
Due to the fire spread and it being a holiday weekend the call was upgraded to a second alarm to bring in more manpower and resources.
Everyone inside the building were unharmed.
Additional units arrived on scene and contained the fire extension that was in the garage and put out the burning side-by-side. Fire extension and damage was stopped in the garage with no damage to the inside of the home or the vehicles.
Gordonville Fire Protection District Chief Michael Gentry urges community members to properly dispose of fireworks after use. Soak them with water and place them in an area that won’t cause any harm.