City of Jackson issues Snow Route Proclamation
JACKSON, Mo. (KBSI) – City officials in Jackson issued a Snow Route Proclamation Tuesday afternoon in anticipation of this week’s winter weather event.
Residents who have vehicles parked on designated snow routes in Jackson have 12 hours to move those vehicles off the street or to a nondesignated snow route to allow city crews to plow the entire width of the roadway.
After 3 a.m. on Wednesday, January, 25, vehicles that are not moved may be ticketed or towed to allow for plowing.
This Snow Event Proclamation will end when the storm is over, the street has been cleared, and the city has notified the local media outlets that the proclamation has concluded.
Vehicles parked in the uptown historic district do not need to be moved during Snow Event Proclamations.
In accordance with the ordinance, the parking of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or other conveyance or object is prohibited on the following snow route streets within the city limits when a Snow Removal Proclamation is in effect.
Snow Route Street from and to:
- Bainbridge Road from S. Donna Dr. to S. Lacey St.
- Broadridge Drive from Orchard Dr. to W. Independence St.
- Donna Drive (South) from Bainbridge Road to E. Jackson Blvd.
- Farmington Road (North) from W. Main Street to city limit
- Farmington Road (South) from W. Main Street to city limit
- Greensferry Road from N. Hope Street to city limit
- High Street (North) (Hwy. 61) from Washington Street to city limit
- Hope Street (North) (Hwy. 61) from Main Street to Greensferry Road
- Hope Street (South) (Hwy. 25) from Main Street to city limit
- Independence Street (West) (Rt. D) from N. High Street to city limit
- Jackson Boulevard (East) (Hwy. 61) from S. Hope Street to city limit
- Jackson Boulevard (West) (Hwy. 34/72) from S. Hope Street to city limit
- Lacey Street from Bainbridge Road to Ridge Road
- Main Street (East)* from Hope Street to city limit
- Main Street (West)* from Hope Street to W. Jackson Blvd.
- Oak Hill Road (North) from E. Main Street to Oak Ridge Drive
- Oak Ridge Drive from N. Oak Hill Road to Ridge Road
- Oak Street from N. West Lane to N. Farmington Road
- Old Orchard Road (South) from E. Jackson Blvd. to E. Main Street
- Ridge Road from N. Shawnee Blvd. to Oak Ridge Drive
- Shawnee Boulevard (North) from E. Main Street to Ridge Road
- Shawnee Boulevard (South) from E. Main Street to E. Jackson Blvd.
- Washington Street (East) (Hwy. 61) from N. Hope Street to N. High Street
- West Lane (North) from W. Jackson Blvd. to Oak Street
*Except any portion located inside the boundaries of the Jackson Uptown Historic District.
Streets that are not designated as snow routes will be cleared according to the protocol established by the Street Department. Since the major streets in Jackson are a combination of state and city roads, drivers will see both the Missouri Department of Transportation and the City of Jackson crews plowing snow.