1 new death, 18 new cases of COVID-19 in Franklin, Williamson counties
MARION, Ill. (KBSI) – The Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department reports one new death and 18 new cases of COVID-19.
A man in his 80s passed away from COVID-19 in Williamson County.
The newly confirmed cases by gender, age and county are as follows.
- 1 in her 40s
- 1 in her 50s
- 1 teenager
- 1 younger than 10
- 1 preteen
- 1 in her 20s
- 1 in her 30s
- 1 in her 40s
- 1 in her 60s
- 1 infant
- 1 toddler
- 2 under 10
- 2 in their 30s
- 2 in their 60s
- 1 in his 80s
These individuals are believed to have acquired the disease through either local contact with known cases, social gatherings, church settings, community events or through transmission in the community (i.e. unable to trace back to a known source).
COVID-19 numbers to date by county
- *12,407 laboratory confirmed positives
- 168* deaths
- 12,159* have recovered
- *7,521 laboratory confirmed positives
- 107* deaths
- 7,344* have recovered
COVID 19 shares many symptoms with more common respiratory diseases. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for further guidance. In addition, several COVID-19 hotlines/ testing sites have been established:
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – (Hotline only)
- Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH) – (Hotline for testing)
- Franklin Hospital – (Hotline for testing)
- (618) 435-9700
- Heartland Regional Medical Center – (Hotline for testing)
- Shawnee Health Service – (Testing sites)
- Carterville, Carbondale and Marion locations
- Call Main number
- Christopher Rural Health Planning Corporation – (Testing Site)
- SSM Health – (Virtual visit)
- Marion Diagnostic Center (Testing Site)
*All data is provisional and subject to change.
* REMINDER: Case numbers can change without notice due to cases being out of our counties.